The coast of Montenegro is exposed to strong fitful katabatic wind Bora. A sudden change in the weather, like squally wind and severe thunderstorms, may occur not only in the offseason. Seemingly quiet atmosphere at the berths of Kotor Bay or Budva Riviera can turn into a serious danger in a few minutes. Moreover, there is always a risk of breaking a mooring or getting damaged because of careless neighbours, even if you are certain that your boat is moored securely.
In order to minimize possible problems while the boat is moored at the berth we undertake the following measures:
- - Periodic general inspection of the vessel and mooring attachment points;
- - Control of mooring lines and dampers, springs and anchors;
- - Mooring of boats in a storm.
SimpleSail service managers are ready to advise you on safe moorage for your vessel, as well as calculate the cost of services and offer individual contract terms.
High humidity, corrosion, long moorage and active use of the boat in an aggressive marine environment have a negative impact on the "health" of your yacht. The main goal of maintenance is to provide normal operation of the vessel for many years. In order to reach it, it is necessary to perform regular planned service works, timely identify any problems and undertake professional approach to their elimination.
Boat maintenance at SimpleSail is conducted with periodicity required to ensure the normal operation of the vessel in the Mediterranean.
Technological services are scheduled in accordance with recommendations of the manufacturers of marine systems and our own operational experience with sailing yachts, motor yachts and powerboats. We provide such services in all harbors of Montenegro. Also, we can store customer equipment, sails and hull attachments in our own SimpleSail warehouse facility.
Maintenance of yachts smaller than 60 feet includes the following list of works carried out at varying intervals (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly):
- - Complex vessel washing
- - Cleaning and tightening of lifelines, railings and tents
- - Inspection, ventilation and washing of sails
- - Maintenance of rigging, spar, windlass, stoppers
- - Care for the natural or artificial teak deck coverings
- - Leakproofness inspection of hatches and portholes
- - Internal ventilation of a yacht
- - Maintenance of plumbing equipment and water tanks
- - Maintenance and washing of fecal tanks
- - Level check, replacement and topping of working engine fluids
- - Seasonal technical inspection of engines, transmissions, reduction gearings
- - Periodic start-up and monitoring of the main parameters:
- - Engines, outboard motors, generators, heaters and air conditioning
- - Desalinator and other additional equipment
- - Gas piping and gas-stove (including replenishment of balloons)
- - Control of the operating status of the rudder control and the autopilot
- - Check of the operating status of automatic and manual pumps.
- - Monitoring of the batteries and recharging of them, if necessary
- - Maintenance of the lateral thrusting propeller
- - Check of the electric circuits and yacht electronics, including:
- - Check of the navigation equipment and weather aids
- - Check of the means of communication and ship clocks (recharging or replacing batteries)
- - Check of the bilges, liquid under floorboards availability control
- - Work on the ship’s bottom, requiring lifting the boat out of water:
- - Check of the bottom part of the vessel for chips, cracks and their elimination
- - Cleaning the hull, keel, rudder and propellers from fouling
- - Coating of the ship’s bottom with antifouling liquid
- - Polishing the hull
- - Validation test and replacement of spelter
- - Control of expiry date and the completeness of life saving equipment
- - Seasonal works related to the preservation of vessel
The substantial part of works from the list above is included in a uniform tariff. However, some jtems are subject to extra charge, including the purchase of spare parts and consumables (in concurrence with the owner or manager of a yacht).
Repair and installation of additional equipment
The primary business of yacht charter company requires the use of its own fleet to the maximum extent. Therefore, failure episodes in relation to various yacht systems and components may occurs quite frequently. Reduction of ship equipment repair time to working conditions and assurance of reliability of fixed items directly affects the overall performance of the company.
We carry out all types of repair works for sailing yachts, motor yachts and powerboats.
- - Hull works of any complexity
- - Propulsion and actuating gears
- - Fuel and gas systems
- - Masts, sails, rigging, railings
- - Rudder control
- - Deck coverings
- - Electronics and electrical engineering
- - Yacht furniture
- - Plumbing
Compared to niche service firms, SimpleSail has a wide range of the most popular spare parts in stock. As SimpleSail operates its own fleet, we have developed a set of optimized technological solutions and a suitable tool base. Our partnership with leading manufacturers of marine equipment makes it possible for us not only to obtain original spare parts quickly but also to receive privileged technical information "first hand".
With all of that, we make sure our customers get high quality efficient service within the shortest timeframe and at the best price. Our range of services includes selection and installation of additional equipment, with subsequent warranty service and trainings for the crew and the ship owner on how to operate the yacht equipment correctly.
So, it’s obvious that we at SimpleSail pursue the same goals and interests as our customers do. The main principle at SimpleSail is full transparency. The ship owner should be able to control his expenditures. We therefore provide detailed reports on all our service works including check lists, cost of spare parts, financial reports, repair documentation.
PREPARING TO SAIL, REGATTA, LONG TRANSITION, AND MOORAGE
If you are a busy man, every minute on vessel counts. SimpleSail is ready to provide professional support in some routine, yet important tasks aimed at preparation for the sail, thus ensuring a safe and comfortable voyage for you. The scope of activities include:
- - Depreservation of the yacht (removing from long-term storage) and basic systems check
- - Operational control and, if necessary, adjustment and repair of ship equipment
- - Preparation of documents required for the planned route
- - Consulting the crew on the specifics of the planned crossings
- - Replenishment of fuel and fresh water
- - Purchase of food and household items
- - Complex cleaning
When preparing yachts for sports events and regattas, we offer sports sails, kayaks, surfboards, underwater scooters and other relevant equipment for rent.
The preservation for long-term moorage is also very important in seasonal life cycle of a yacht.
The accuracy of the preservation works may affect not only the cost efficiency but also the overall technical condition (serviceability) of many complex yacht systems. We offer preservation services with lifting the boat out of water in Montenegro, Croatia and Italy. Furthermore, taking into account mild climate and absence of negative temperatures, we can offer a more economically viable solution - preservation of the vessel on the water. Contact SimpleSail service consultant to develop your individual optimal plan for the seasonal use of your boat.
PRICES AND CONTRACT CONCLUSION
The service price is calculated on a case by case basis. The price depends on many factors including type and size of vessel and the year of manufacture.
Please contact us to get an individual price offer exactly for your yacht.
|Works on the vessel|
|Mechanical work||1 hour||27,37 €|
|Work with fiberglass||1 hour||32,13 €|
|Electronics and electrical engineering||1 hour||34,51 €|
|Work with complex equipment (engine, transmission, generator, desalinator and etc.)||1 hour||40,46 €|
|Works atop the mast||1 hour||54,74 €|
|Hull polish||1 m2||17,85 €|
|Deck washing (4 hours minimum)||1 hour||23,80 €|
|Cleaning in inside rooms (4 hours minimum)||1 hour||21,42 €|
|Equipment, hull attachments. Delivery to: Kotor, Tivat, Budva, Bar||1 m3 / month||9,70 €|
|Sails: taking down, installation, washing, drying, storage, technical inspection. Delivery to: Kotor, Tivat, Budva, Bar||1 m2 / 6 months||3,57 €|
|Maintenance of yachts|
|Ventilation of sails and a boat; check of moorings, batteries, bilges; start of the engine, the generator and of the desalinator; a general inspection of the yacht; supervision and test of the yacht during and after the storm. For yachts up to 60 feet.||1 week||59,50 €|
|1 month||178,50 €|
Your service team